How can anyone possibly be okay with some sticky stuff on their carpet, right? But mishaps don’t come with a notice. If you have kids around your carpet then there’s a decent chance of your carpet dealing with some sticky candy.
Well, we can’t leave our carpet with that. So we can’t help finding a potential way to clear up all the mess. Therefore we have all figured out how to remove sticky candy from carpet. Let’s go forward to see how you can clear out the mess.
- 1 How to Remove Sticky Candy From Carpet? 3 Amazing Ways
- 2 Removing Sticky Stuff from Car Carpet
- 3 Why Melted Sticky Candy Is a Trouble?
- 4 How to Remove Gum From Carpet?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Remove Sticky Candy From Carpet? 3 Amazing Ways
If you’ve found sticky candy on your favorite carpet then we will ask you not to freak out since we’ve gathered some wholesome ways that can get you out of the whole thing in just a couple of minutes. Let’s dig in!
Way-1: The Most Effective One
Things you need to gather
- Butter knife
- Vacuum cleaner
- Paper towels
Steps to follow
- Step-1: When you find a sticky candy on your carpet, first of all, get your butter knife and try to get as much chocolate as possible by scraping.
- Step-2: Once you’re done with getting off the chocolate residue, get your vacuum to directly clean the area thoroughly. That will help you get rid of the excess flakes.
- Step-3: The next step of yours would be covering the area with a few paper towels.
- Step-4: Now get the iron and set that on the lowest heat. If possible, turn on the steam mode. Now move the iron over the paper towel slowly a bunch of times. The heat and the steam will work instantly on getting that chocolate out of your carpet.
- Step-5: Repeat the process 2-3 times until you get all the stains out of your carpet.
Way-2: Ice Solution Works
For the next method you need to follow the steps mentioned below
- Step-1: Get a zip lock bag and put some ice in that zip lock bag and put the bag directly onto the candy. The ice will harden the candy so that you can remove it easily.
- Step-2: Now take a butter knife to scrape the candy away.
- Step-3: Once you’re done scraping the candy, vacuum over the whole area to get rid of any other particles.
- Step-4: The next step would be taking a sponge or a white towel. You have to wet the towel with warm, soapy water.
- Step-5: Now take the towel to agitate the candy in a circular motion which works like a magic to clean the carpet thoroughly.
- Step-6: To soak up any remaining liquid, cover the area with a big dry towel. Continue patting the area until you get your clean, dry, fresh, sticky candy-free carpet all over again.
Feel free to repeat steps 3-5 as necessary if you can’t get the stain at once.
Way-3: Go With Commercial Ways
We really don’t want you to go with commercial ways but if the worst comes to the worst and you find stains remaining there on your carpet even after applying the method mentioned above then go with commercial methods.
But make sure your carpet will be able to be okay with that. Try using a household cleaner if possible. If you want to try a homemade cleaner, here is the way to prepare a homemade cleaner that won’t harm your carpet
- Step-1: Take an empty spray bottle and fill it with 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Step-2: Now add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch along with 2 cups of water in the white vinegar.
- Step-3: To make it smell better, add 5 drops of lemon and essential oil if possible.
Now secure the bottle tightly and you have prepared the homemade cleaning solution that will be harmless for your carpet. Spray it on the areas where you can see the sticky candies, and rub the area with a brush. You will notice the difference pretty soon.
Removing Sticky Stuff from Car Carpet
Not only the house carpet but your car carpet can also be affected by the sicky gums or candies. If, unfortunately, kids leave the sticky gums or candies on your car’s carpet or even seats, that can be gross. Now let’s see how you can handle that mess
Method-1: Freeze The Gum
Just like your home carpeting, you can use ice to freeze the gum so that you can pull it out once it’s frozen. Place the ice directly using a zipped bag on the sticky areas where the gum is stuck. Wait for 5-10 minutes and you can pull out the gums easily.
Method-2: Use White Vinegar
You can try using warm white vinegar on the gum or candy. If you warm the vinegar and let it sit on the affected area for 10-15 minutes, eventually everything will come out easily.
Method-3: Use Hydrogen Peroxide
Just like the previous method, you can soak a cloth in hydrogen peroxide and put the cloth on top of the stained areas. You can try rubbing the area in a circular motion using the cloth. Hydrogen peroxide will not only fight the stickiness but also remove the stains.
Method-4: Shaving Cream Can Save You
It might sound weird but this one also works magically. Use the shaving cream foam on the affected areas and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then wipe off the residue using a clean and wet cloth. You will surely notice the difference.
Why Melted Sticky Candy Is a Trouble?
Melted candies can be so stubborn to remove once it gets mixed with water or saliva. Kids often playfully stick the candies or gums here and there. Now if that sticks in your carpet or car, it will surely create a sticky glob of mess like glue that you will face a lot of hardship to remove. That’s why this needs immediate action once you notice the mishap.
How to Remove Gum From Carpet?
Not only melted hard candy, but a piece of gum can also ruin your peace of mind once it sticks to the carpet. But except for cutting the areas where the gum is stuck, you can use smarter methods.
Hereby, the ways that we have suggested above for removing melted candies will work fine here as well. But here is a more profound method that will work as well. You have to use the WD-40 to work in your favor in this case.
This is an effective way to get the gum out of your carpet. As it is a hydrophobic material, it can easily clean the hydrophobic gum out of your carpet. Let’s see how to do it:
- Spray the necessary amount of WD-40 on the affected area, and soak it with the WD-40 properly. If possible, use your fingers so that the areas get soaked thoroughly.
- Now, wait for 5-10 minutes to let it sit.
- At this phase, take a small brush and lightly rub the area in a circular motion.
- Once you are done, clean the area using a soak towel or cloth.
1. How do you get gum out of a wool carpet?
The simplest method is to freeze the gum using an ice bag and then pull it off of the surface. Or you can use a sharp tool to scrape it off after freezing it. This method won’t damage your wool carpet.
2. How do you get chewy candies out of carpet?
First of all, use an ice bag and freeze the chewy areas. Then you can use a brush to rub the area till all the residues come off perfectly. You can also use white vinegar to soak the area and then use a wet towel to remove all the chewy stuff.
3. How do you get the hard residue out of carpet?
You need to work depending on the stuff that’s stuck. If it is wax, using a warm iron or warm water will get rid of the mess. If the hard stuff is candy or anything sticky, you can use the ice method to freeze it and get rid of the residue.
You already know how to remove sticky candy from carpet with our given methods. We have tried the methods and those worked fine for us. Some of the candies may be stubborn to stick even after using the household techniques, in those cases, you need to rely on chemical cleaners.
However, even though chemical solutions can give you a quick fix, if you aren’t conscious, you might ruin the carpet’s fabric. So before you choose to do so, make sure that the cleaner is suitable for the carpet and it doesn’t contain bleach.