How to Get Tattoo Ink Out of Carpet | Magical Methods
If you have a passion for tattoos or are a home-based tattoo designer, then you may often drop tattoo ink on the carpet. Whether the reason is intentionally or incidentally, tattoo ink on the carpet is not welcoming at all. Whenever you spot the ink on the carpet, you should remove it immediately because it is more difficult to get off the dried tattoo ink.
There are many varieties of tattoo ink; some are permanent and some semi-permanent. Thankfully, here you will know some cleaning solution that helps to get tattoo ink out of the carpet. Using these methods, you can quickly get the spotless carpet as earlier.
How to get tattoo ink out of carpet?
Tattoo ink on the carpet looks messy and decreases the beautiful interface. Surely, you don’t want the stains on the carpet. Here are guides to removing tattoo ink from the carpet.
Hairspray is a useful technique to remove the tattoo ink on the carpet. It can eliminate other ink substances too. Before applying the hairspray, make sure the hairspray is non-oil-based. Otherwise, it can leave residue and oil stains on the carpet.
- Spray an ample amount of hair spray on the carpet stain. Do the task in a well-ventilated area.
- Leave the hairspray for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, the stain should dissolve with the hairspray.
- Take a paper towel and blot the hairspray. Every time blot with the new part of the paper towel so that it won’t spread further on the carpet.
- Apply the hairspray again if there is any residue ink on the carpet.
- Once you are satisfied, let air dry the carpet fiber.
- Vacuum all the area to remove remaining hairspray particles so that it doesn’t bond with the fiber.
2. Baking soda
If you don’t want to use any harsh chemicals on the carpet, then you can apply baking soda as a natural cleaning solution. When the ink is wet, this is the best method for emergencies. It is helpful with the diet ginger ale because the baking soda backs the carpet sticky. The ginger ale makes it productive.
- Pour some warm water into the stain. Damp the water lightly using a kitchen towel to dilute the stain. Then soak the water with a towel.
- Drizzle a generous amount of baking soda on the carpet.
- Let sit the baking soda for 5 minutes.
- Now apply some diet ginger ale to the baking soda and scrub for a paste-like effect using a toothbrush.
- Meanwhile, blot the excess liquid with a paper towel.
- The ink should start to dissolve. Sprinkle cold water and blot with a towel to soak up the excess.
- Again sprinkle water and remove the final particles of baking soda and ginger ale.
- Then dry out the carpet in your best way to discard the odor.
3. Nail Polish remover
Nail polish remover helps to get tattoo ink out of the carpet. It efficiently works in tattoo ink as well as ballpoint ink. Whether the color is, it can remove all the residues from the carpet. Nail Polish remover has acetone that peels off the tattoo ink.
- In a cotton ball, take some nail polish, do not pour too much as excessive remover can damage the carpet fiber. So start with a small portion of remover.
- Then cover the ink stain with the acetone-based nail polish remover.
- Leave the remover for one or two minutes to work properly.
- Blot the area with the cotton.
- Reapply the remover on a new cotton ball and follow the same process.
- While the ink stain will be removed, rinse a cloth in warm water and clean the remover from the carpet.
- Let dry the area overnight.
4. Rubbing alcohol
If the tattoo ink is semi-permanent, the stain will remove with the nail polish remover. But if the ink is permanent then you need to use rubbing alcohol to remove the stain. Rubbing alcohol is a very useful cleaning solution that can remove most stains including tattoo ink.
- Rinse a white cloth in warm water and blot the stain spot. Wipe the excess ink with the cloth.
- When the cloth has soaked the majority of the stain, then apply to rub alcohol on the stain.
- Sprinkle some rubbing alcohol and wait for 10 minutes to work on the stain.
- Now blot the carpet with a clean paper towel and wipe off the rubbing alcohol. You will see the stain is faded.
- It’s likely the permanent ink can not be removed with one application. You need to apply the steps again.
5. Commercial products
Many commercial products can successfully remove the tattoo ink from the carpet. They contain powerful non-bleaching elements that are safe for natural and synthetic fibers. Oxiclean is such a workable stain remover that you can use it for removing the tattoo ink. Before applying any products, check its application procedure. If you use the Oxiclean, then follow the below steps:
Always be sure to check the instructions on the side of the bucket before applying the stain remover, as your instructions may slightly differ from ours.
- Wipe out the inflated ink with the paper towel as much as you can.
- Mix the Oxiclean with water. Every scoop of Oxiclean needs 16 ounces of water.
- Scrub the paste on the carpet to saturate the stain.
- Wait for 5 minutes to work on the product. Do not dry it on the carpet.
- Now take a microfiber cloth and rinse with cold water.
- Blot the area to remove Oxiclean.
- Repeat the process until the stain dissolves.
- When the ink is gone and rinse the carpet with cold water and a clean cloth.
- Let the carpet dry.
Read next: How to remove kool-aid stains out of carpet
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to remove dried tattoo ink from the carpet?
When the ink is dried, you need to moisten the ink to remove it from the carpet. You can apply non-oily hairspray or rubbing alcohol to make it moistened. After moistening, blot the stain with a cloth to remove the ink, and then rinse with warm water. You will see most of the ink is transferred into the cloth. Then apply the cleaning solution to remove it fully.
2. How does vinegar remove tattoo ink from the carpet?
Vinegar can remove the tattoo ink, but it will need more time to remove. In this article, we have discussed the most effective and quickest cleaning methods. Using these methods, you can remove ink quickly.
3. How do you get ink out of the carpet without rubbing alcohol?
Rubbing alcohol is the most helpful element to clean the ink. If you don’t have the element you can use hand sanitizer as an alternative. The process is the same as you use for rubbing alcohol. You may repeat the process because it works slowly in the stain.
If you have tattoo designing equipment including ink, you must know these cleaning solutions to take quick steps. Because dried tattoo ink is more stubborn than wet ink. Any kind of stain on the carpet doesn’t look great, so you need to ensure proper cleaning of the carpet. In this tutorial, you have explored five effective methods of cleaning the tattoo ink from the carpet. Memorize these methods and apply them on the spot.