How to Get Red Gatorade Out of Carpet | Easy Technique
Do you spill Gatorade on your expensive carpet? If yes; then this article will help you out of this mess. Gatorade is a traditional sport drink that enhances exercise energy. This drink has a high amount of sugar and it is a favorite drink among athletes.
You will find it in all kinds of fun colors and flavors. In all sorts, it is good stuff but things got worse when you spill it on the floor or carpet. So, how to get red Gatorade out of carpet? Don’t panic; we are going to notify you of some effective methods in this regard.
Is Red Gatorade leaving stains on the carpet?
Is red Gatorade your favorite drink? But the red Gatorade is red and really very red; it feels nasty when dropped on the carpet. You will be happy to know that the red Gatorade doesn’t leave a stain if you don’t follow the proper way to remove it.
Whether it is dry or wet, you can remove it. But when dried, it may leave a pinkish stain on the light-colored carpet after removal. So you need to act immediately. Moreover, if you leave the Gatorade, it can damage the fiber and can cause mold.
How to get red Gatorade out of the carpet?
Below we will describe some effective ways of removing red Gatorade. Read further to resist further damage to your carpet.
1. The Club Soda
The club soda is widely used in removing red wine and red Gatorade from the carpet. So it is the most effective way, you can try first.
Step 1: Use a paper towel and press on the stained carpet. The red Gatorade should shink and won’t spread further as the paper towel soaks the excessive drink.
Step 2: Spout a small cup of club soda on the stain. Then blot with a clean towel having medium pressure. Keep blotting the area until the red Gatorade is transparent on the towel.
Step 3: The club soda can not remove the red Gatorade stain completely from the carpet. So you need to finish with a stain removal solution. In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of dish soap, and 2 cups of water.
Step 4: Apply the solution to the stained area and let sit for 30 minutes.
Step 5: After the period, blot the area with a clean cloth, and the stain should come off.
Step 6: Take clean chilled water, rinse a towel, and dab the area for cleaning. Then let the carpet dry without foot traffic.
2. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen Peroxide is another beneficial method to remove the red Gatorade from the carpet. Always purchase 3% hydrogen peroxide from the drug store. Because it has a bleach substitute that can fade the color. The best use of hydrogen peroxide on the white-colored carpet.
- Take a small amount of hydrogen peroxide on the carpet and soak the area.
- Let sit the chemical for some time.
- Remove the stains with a steam cleaner.
Note: If you don’t have a steam cleaner, you need to use a towel soaked in warm water. Then blot the area.
3. Alkaline cleaning solution
Alkaline is another good stuff for cleaning. It can remove stubborn stains like red Gatorade. Moreover, it is effective on several stains without harming the carpet texture. Before cleaning with alkaline, you need to make a cleaning solution for this.
- Take a small bowl then add 1 tbsp of dishwashing soap and 1 tbsp of alkaline detergent.
- Put half a cup of warm water in the container and blend properly.
- Use a small white cloth and rinse in the solution. Do not use the colored fabric as it may cause color transparency.
- Dab the cloth in the stained carpet and leave for a minute.
- Next, wipe out with a clean cloth and the stain will fade.
- The red Gatorade won’t come off after one attempt. You need to repeat it twice or thrice.
- Clean the carpet with chilled water and make sure there isn’t any residue.
4. White vinegar
White vinegar is a popular method to remove the harsh stains from the carpet. Actually, it is also proved effective for several stains. So you can use the trick for red Gatorade. This is a simple method, but you need to follow it the proper way.
- In a bowl, blend half of the vinegar and hard of warm water. Water should be lukewarm, not hot; otherwise, it will damage the carpet fabric.
- Dip a white cloth in the solution and rub the carpet.
- Then leave the cloth over the stain for 30 minutes.
- Wipe the area and start from the edges than the center.
- Now again wash the area with the drenched cloth.
- Blot the area with a dry towel to dry the carpet quickly.
- Let the carpet air-dry overnight.
5. Shaving foam strategy
It likely happens you don’t have any cleaning elements that we suggest above; then you can try out the shaving foam technique. Every home has at least a shaving foam that can be used as a cleaning product. It is a very cost-effective way to remove the red Gatorade from the carpet. Many people use the shaving foam technique for years to clean the stubborn mess.
- Apply the shaving foam directly on the carpet where the red Gatorade is dropped. Cover the area fully so that the fiber stays textured and smooth.
- After covering the area thoroughly, let set the shaving foam for 30 minutes.
- Then wipe out the shaving foam using a white cloth, and the stain should be left behind.
- Prepare vinegar and water mixture to discard the residue.
- Dry with a site cloth by dabbing the spot.
Read next: How to get red juice out of carpet
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to remove red stain from the carpet?
There are causes behind the red stain on the carpet. As you can see, several methods in this article will help you to remove the stain. You can use one of the techniques on the red stain to remove it. These methods work every time.
2. How to get blue Gatorade out from the carpet?
As blue Gatorade has different flavors and elements, then you should apply oxygen bleach cleaner to remove the stain from the carpet. The process is much similar to that we discussed earlier. Just you need to use the oxygen bleach cleaner, which is an alternative to the stain removal solution.
3. What if the techniques don’t work for the carpet?
Carpets come in different fibers and textures. So it is hard to claim that everything will suit the carpet fiber. Many users reviewed the above techniques, and they agreed on their effectiveness. If the technique doesn’t work for the red Gatorade stain, then you should call a professional. They have the right way to remove the stain, which is better than these DIYs.
In the end, you have five methods to get red Gatorade out from the carpet. These are the best tricks that you can try right now. They are always compelling, but you won’t get the best results after attempting, so have patience and faith in your work. Repeat the process as needed, and you will be successful. It would be best if you use the red Gatorade in the kitchen area.