At present, Bissell is the most trending brand for the best carpet cleaner. It produces the best cleaner for pet stains and daily care of the carpet. Unfortunately, Bissell recommends using only the Bissell carpet cleaning solution in their carpet cleaners. As the other cleaning solution can void the warranty and cause unwanted damage inside the machine.
Anyway, many people don’t want to use chemicals on the carpet, or others worry about the cost of the cleaning solutions. However, carpet cleaners are eligible to run with homemade cleaning solutions. You can make a cleaning solution using both natural and chemical ingredients. Here we will offer you some recipes for homemade cleaning solutions for Bissell.
- 1 Is a homemade cleaning solution safe for Bissell cleaners?
- 2 Homemade cleaning solution for Bissell
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is a homemade cleaning solution safe for Bissell cleaners?
A homemade cleaner is made of mild ingredients that are safe for both pets and the cleaner but tough on the stains. In this article, we have suggested those formulas that have been tested with Bissell cleaner and get a positive outcome. So you can use it with Bissell cleaner without worry.
Does a homemade cleaning solution really work?
Many people think commercial cleaning solutions are better and more effective than homemade cleaning solutions. But there are many products that have been used for decades in removing carpet stains. Even they are effective in the toughest stains. Whether it is pet urine, vomit, wine spills, ketchup spills, or other drinks, natural products can remove them nicely.
The homemade cleaning solution is very cheap, and you can save money from your monthly budget. However, you are aware of the ingredients, so you can make a pure, non-toxic cleaning solvent that is safe for beloved children and pets. The great news is you can use this homemade cleaning solution with the Bissell carpet cleaner.
Homemade cleaning solution for Bissell
While you are making a homemade cleaning solution it will save you a lot of money. These DIY Recipes are awesome for carpet odor and stains.
1. Cleaning solution with vinegar
White vinegar is the most familiar household cleaning product. It can be used on any surface including carpet. This material has natural cleansing substance against bacteria and allergens. Fortunately, the good news is you can use it with your Bissell carpet cleaner.
- White vinegar
- Hot water
- Scale one cup of white vinegar and emerge it into the Bissell Reservoir tank.
- Fill the rest of the tank with white water.
- Then run the machine as instructed.
- For the toughest stain, make a solution with an equal amount of vinegar and water. Then pour on the stains and rub with a rag. Later, run again the Bissell cleaner.
2. Cleaning solution with baking soda
If you have pets, then there must be stains on the carpet. Bissell pet cleaner is excellent for this stain. Here you can use baking soda to remove odor and stains. To make the baking soda cleaning solution for Bissell, you will also need the vinegar solution. Surely, this is also a cost-effective solution rather than a commercial one. This is a great solution for pet stains and odor.
- Baking soda
- Warm water
- Remove the pet urine or other spills from the carpet as much as you can using a paper towel.
- Shower baking soda on the stains and rub with a brush to remove dirt and odor from the deep of the carpet fiber.
- Wait for half an hour to absorb the stains.
- Pre-treat the carpet with vinegar and water solution. When you spray Vinegar on the baking soda, you will see bubbly reactions that lift up the stains.
- Now go through the Bissell cleaner.
3. Cleaning solution with hot water
Simple hot water can knock off dirt and grime from the carpet. Many experts recommend only hot water as the cleaner’s residue can lock dirt and debris. You will be surprised how nicely the hot water is cleaned. Moreover, you don’t need any mixing or rinsing. Only fill the Bissell water tank with hot boiling water and run the machine all over the carpet. In the end, you will get a fresh and clean carpet.
For daily cleaning, the hot water will be enough. If the carpet has tough stains or odor, then you must use a cleanser.
4. Cleaning solution with laundry detergent
Now we are going to tell you the most beneficial cleaning solution that can remove intensive stains and odor from the carpet. It is also a budget-friendly solution.
- Laundry detergent
- Fabric softener
- In a large jug, mix half a cup of laundry detergent, half a cup of fabric softener, one cup of ammonia, and 1 scoop of OxiClean. Stir the ingredients until they all dissolve.
- Then boil 1 gallon of water and pour it into the mixture gradually. Stir them to make a nice blend.
- Let cool the mixture and pour it into the gallon-sized container that will be available in the supermarket.
- Now fill the Bissell cleaner water tank and operate it.
- Tightly seal the gallon and store it in a dry place. Keep away from children.
5. Cleaning solution with Ammonia
If you want to skip the excessive usage of vinegar then you can prepare the homemade cleaning solution with ammonia. It is a non-toxic and totally cheap cleaning solution. Ammonia is a great addition to removing heavy stains.
- Louis dish soap
- In a bowl, mix one teaspoon of liquid dish soap and two tablespoons of ammonia. Stir them and make a well-combined solvent.
- Pour the solvent into a Bissell carpet cleaner machine.
- Fill the remainder with water.
- Clean the carpet following the machine’s manual. Ammonia may smell like alcohol. So you can add a little bit of rosemary essential oil to have a great feel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to make the best homemade carpet cleaning solution?
In this article, we have talked about the 5 best homemade solutions for carpet cleaning. Among them, the most effective cleaning solution is laundry detergent solvent and the recipe is described above. This cleaning is very mild to the carpet fiber, but thoroughly cleans the stain and eliminates odor. This is safe for the Bissell carpet cleaner machine.
2. Can I store homemade cleaning solutions?
Homemade cleaning solutions can be stored and used for many days. Usually, you can store the cleaning solution in an air-tight gallon for six months.
3. Is a homemade cleaning solution safe for carpet fibers?
Different cleaning products act differently on the carpet fibers. So it is crucial to discover if the cleaning solution is safe for your carpet fiber. Whenever applying a cleaning product on the carpet, test it in a hidden place or low-light spot. If the cleaner doesn’t bleach the carpet fiber, you can apply it to the whole carpet. Above cleaning solutions will work most of the carpet fibers without bleaching the color.
Bissell carpet cleaner is an incredible device to tackle the everyday mess on your carpet. It is worth buying the Bissell carpet cleaner; it becomes costly when buying Bissell cleaning solutions. Also, they didn’t reveal all the cleaning solution ingredients, which may not be non-toxic.
That’s why you should switch to the homemade carpet cleaning solution to save your money. This non-toxic cleaning solution is outstanding too.